Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Back in the Saddle again....

Well.....

It's been about 2 months. Wow. I didn't expect to be gone that long. Well, I have returned. And let me explain why, then we'll get to the video games.

The demands on my time have lessened – I've not got any callings in my church right now, the big one I had was reshuffled to someone else, when a member of the group I was in got called to a more important position, and that always means a new group. So I was released. I've successfully limited my time on the internet. I was surfing about 6 boards a day. I've limited that to three, and I limit my time on them. I've stopped working on the RPG game that I have been working on for years (my Fantasy Hero Campaign).

Then there is the big one – the wife arranged to get herself back in school to finish her degree. She is taking 15 credit hours of 300 & 400 level classes, plus working. So she is at school, at work, or working on her homework. So I am now left with extra time, and at odds with my time – this post is being written while she is at class, as a matter of fact.

So what does that mean for this blog – well without the wife around, and more importantly for this subject, without the wife around playing video games on the consoles, I have been keeping myself occupied playing games. So without further ado – my game report.

I decided to finish Conan that I have been playing in fits and starts since I got the machine. Fun game. Enjoyed it, and it was really cool to actually beat a game again. So with that on my mind I decided to beat another one.

I started Halo about a week and a half ago. I beat it yesterday. Really cool game. Great story, great narration, amazing graphics, especially on a last gen machine. I was completely blown away – and the game had an easy mode that was easy enough I could beat it.

So now, I am playing Too Human (a rental through Blockbuster, my second job, so it is free). Level 5, and enjoying it. And just today, while the wife was playing her Digital Devil Summoner (no idea which one), I decided to play a game on the PC I haven't played for a while – Half-Life One. I have Orange Box for the 360, but before I play HL2, I wanted to beat the original. I've cleared the first 2 of 17 levels.

So that is what I am up to. Expect further updates, and reports on progress of games, plus other various and sundry comments on games.

And now back to killing cybernetic Goblins and Trolls, and being visited by the Valkyries way too often.

Games Played Since last post:

Too Many to mention

No comments: