Monday, August 31, 2009

Multiple Musings

Lots of random thoughts - and I usually try to keep one post per one topic, but not today.

Beat God of War 1 yesterday (yeah, really late to the party). Awesome game. I've played a couple of "clones" before (Conan for instance). The graphics were amazing for the PS2 and the storyline felt like a Greek tragedy, or something from Greek Myth. It really worked. The gameplay was generally good, with a few annoying jump and balance things that weren't all that fun. Next up Halo 3 (then God of War 2, then likely Star Wars Force Unleashed or Brutal: Legend).

Have been playing a lot of Soul Caliber IV - trying to unlock everything so I can make characters. :). Fun stuff. A while back I got a SFIV pad (not arcade stick) with 6 face buttons and two shoulder buttons, and really really good d-pad (and no analog sticks). I use it for all my fighting games now, and it really helps. I've made some anime characters, comics characters and some other Video Game characters (Chun-li and Bison).

It turns out that I tend to play music games most of the time (no surprise) and play everything else for a couple hours total on the weekends. Works for me.

Speaking of music games, some really cool stuff coming up.
Tomorrow - Guitar Hero 5 - which imports some World Tour on Disc, the WT DLC, and will import Smash hits (with rumors of Metallica, Band Hero and Van Halen). Lots of new challenges, the ability to use your 360 Avatar as your character, and some really nice songs. I can't wait.
A week from that - Beatles: Rock Band. It's the Beatles, what else do I need to say. And they are releasing an album a month for the next three months - Abbey Road, Rubber Soul and Sgt Peppers. Whoo hooo.
Then Brutal Legend in October - an action game spawned from heavy metal aesthetics.
November has both Band Hero and Lego Rock Band - targeting families and kids more than any previous music game has.

Looking forward to some rentals in the next few weeks, will comment on them when I get them.

Now back to banging on my bongo drums.

Games played since last post:
God of War (PS2)
Soul Caliber IV (360)
Zen Pinball (PS3)
Miniputt (PC)
Peggle Nights (PC)
Rock Band 2 (360)
Guitar Hero World Tour (360)
Singstar Queen (PS3)
Orange Box (360)
Little Big Planet (PS3)

No comments: